This article may contain affiliate links. Whenver you buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission without any cost to you. Thank you!
Thinking about where to travel in August? As a Floridian, I can tell you it’s HOT here in Florida in August. For me, that doesn’t matter. I love it hot. If you feel the same way, click here and check out the top 5 beaches to visit in Florida. But if you want to visit where it’s a bit cooler, these are my top picks for best beach vacations in August. Let me know which ones are your favorite!
- Outer Banks, North Carolina. The Outer Banks are the barrier islands located off shore and absolutely gorgeous! 100 miles of beaches to explore. You may also see the wild horses when strolling these beautiful beaches. But don’t feed them. They’re adapted to living on the island and what it provides.
- San Juan Islands, Washington State. From one coast to the other, the state of Washington has a beautiful coastline. There are 172 named islands and reefs in San Juan County many served by the ferry. If you’re traveling on a budget, I checked Kayak and they have some great hotels and flights available.
- Huntington Beach, South Carolina. Back to the east coast and the Atlantic Ocean, you’ll find pretty Huntington Beach, SC. Huntington Beach State Park is beautiful and located on the Atlantic Ocean south of Garden City and Myrtle Beach. I’ve stayed in both Myrtle Beach and Garden City, SC and this whole area is not only beautiful, the people are friendly and there is a lot to do to keep the whole family happy.
- Beaches of the Great Lakes. I’m a Cleveland girl as you know and my love for the beach goes way back to Edgewater Beach on Lake Erie. So many beautiful beaches on all the great lakes – you can pretty much take your pic. Any of the large cities located on the water would be great for an August vacation but in addition to Cleveland, check Lake Michigan in Chicago.
- And one final trip back to the west coast. Oregon Beaches are beyond magnificent! According to Tripadvisor, Cannon Beach – most noted for Haystack Rock – is the perfect beach to visit in August. Average temps in August for this area is around 70 degrees Farenheit.
I kept this list within the continental USA but keep Hawaii as an option also for an August beach vacation. Let me know where your travels take you!
Living the Boho beach lifestyle.
I like to use TripAdvisor for booking not only my hotels, but my tickets and rental cars as well. Makes life so much easier with only having to log into one location for my information.
Be sure to grab my travel tips to save you time and money. You’ll also be entered into the weekly drawings.
Denise Sanger lives a life split between her love for fitness and her passion for travel particularly to the BEACH. Denise also has a love of marketing and lives in beautiful Suwannee County, Florida. You can find out more about Denise here: About Denise