This article may contain affiliate links. Whenver you buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission without any cost to you. Thank you!
Christmas on the beach? Absolutely! For me, it doesn’t matter what time of year it is – Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter or Christmas and New Year – there is not better place to spend time than on the beach. This year, the best beach towns for celebrating Christmas are:
- Miami Beach, Florida. I love the Atlantic coast from the keys up to Jacksonville and several cities including St. Augustine are amazing for spending Christmas on the beach. Miami Beach goes all out with events. Choose from Santa’s Enchanted Forest, Boat Parade, Zoo Lights At Zoo Miami and so much more.
- St. Augustine Beach, Florida. This city is beautiful all year round but really lights up at Christmas. Night of Lights is available through the end of January. Also like Miami Beach, there is a Regatta of Lights.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Myrtle Beach never disappoints no matter what time of year you visit. This beautiful city puts on the show however in December. Start with Winter Wonderland at the beach, then mosey over to Nights of a Thousand Candles then finish with fireworks on the beach. More details here: Myrtle Beach Christmas.
- Located in the Northeast? Nantucket for Christmas may be what you’re looking for! Stroll over the cobblestone strees window shopping, enjoy the Christmas stroll and meeting Santa then catch the festival of trees at the Whaling Museum.
- And last but certainly not least is Newport Beach, California. And we have another boat parade! In my opinion, you can’t have too many boat parades at Christmas. Don’t forget Christmas at the Beach events that include wagon rides, carolers, and holiday movies and Santa!
There are many other best beach towns for Christmas so I’ll be adding to this list. Be sure to bookmark and keep checking back. And most of all? Have a beachy Christmas!
I like to use TripAdvisor for booking not only my hotels, but my tickets and rental cars as well. Makes life so much easier with only having to log into one location for my information.
Be sure to grab my travel tips to save you time and money. You’ll also be entered into the weekly drawings.
Denise Sanger lives a life split between her love for fitness and her passion for travel particularly to the BEACH. Denise also has a love of marketing and lives in beautiful Suwannee County, Florida. You can find out more about Denise here: About Denise