This article may contain affiliate links. Whenever you buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission without any cost to you. I really appreciate it as it supports this site and my family. Thank you!
Florida is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States, and for good reason. The Sunshine State is known for its beautiful beaches, warm weather, and unique attractions. There are also fun and unique things you can only get in Florida.
One of the things that makes Florida stand out is the variety of products that can only be found within its borders. From citrus fruits to alligator meat, there are plenty of ideas for gifts that visitors can only get in the state or along the coast.
One of the most iconic products that Florida is known for is its citrus fruits. Oranges, grapefruits, and tangerines are just a few examples of the delicious fruits that are grown in the state.
Visitors can even take home fresh-squeezed orange juice or a bag of oranges as a souvenir. Another popular product that can only be found in local areas is alligator meat.
Thank you for reading this post. Don't forget to subscribe! This way you never miss an update, travel deals, discounts and more!! Subscribe to the right------>
While it may not be for everyone, those who are brave enough to try it can find it in various restaurants throughout the state. The best way to decide what to take home? Try the food.
Stone crabs, key lime pie, conch fritters, and many other things on a restaurant menu can only be found in the Sunshine State.
Aside from food, there are also unique products that can only be found in the state. For example, visitors can purchase handmade seashell jewelry or take home a piece of coral as a souvenir. These items are generally high quality and represents the beautiful places you have visited.
The state is also known for its Cuban cigars, which are made from high-quality tobacco. These items and many others, make Florida a unique and exciting destination for travelers looking for something new and different.
But there is a catch. Many of these items you will not find in a gift shop. There is no better way to find unique souvenirs than by checking out a grocery store near your hotel, local mom-and-pop shops as well as restaurants and bars.
Are you ready to find a great souvenir? Below you will find gifts for every part of the state. At the bottom of this article, I’ve included links of fun things to do in these areas.
Special Products in Florida
Unique Gifts Only Found in the Sunshine State
Florida is known for its unique and diverse culture, and this is reflected in the variety of gifts that can only be found in the state. Some popular choices include:
- Key lime pie: This delicious dessert is a staple in the Keys and can be found in many bakeries and restaurants throughout the state.
- Seashells: With over 1,300 miles of coastline, Florida is a great place to find beautiful and unique seashells. You can find them on the beach or in many souvenir shops.
- Orange blossom honey: Florida is famous for its oranges, and the honey made from the orange blossom is a sweet and unique gift that can only be found in the state.
What is a Good Souvenir
When it comes to finding a good souvenir, there are many options to choose from. Some popular choices include:
- T-shirts: The Sunshine State is known for its warm weather, and a T-shirt with a fun Florida-themed design is a great way to remember your trip.
- Shot glasses: If you’re looking for a smaller souvenir, a shot glass with a Florida design is a great choice.
- Postcards: Postcards with beautiful Florida landscapes or attractions are a classic souvenir that you can send to friends and family back home.
- Mugs. If you cannot find something truly special, coffee mugs always make great gifts. Be sure to check out any coffee shop you enter for your morning cup of Joe.
- Jewelry. Think palm trees necklace. Florida manatee earrings. Alligator band for your hat.
Made in Florida
Florida is home to many unique and interesting products that are made in the state. Some popular choices include:
- Gatorade: This popular sports drink was invented in Florida and is now enjoyed around the world.
- Tervis tumblers: These insulated cups are made in the sunshine state and come in a variety of designs, including many with Florida themes.
- Burt’s Bees: This popular natural skincare brand was founded in Maine, but many of its products are made in Florida.
Food You Can Only Get in Florida
Florida is home to many delicious foods that can only be found in the state. Truly a taste of Florida you might want to figure out how to get home. Some popular choices include:
- Cuban sandwiches: This delicious sandwich is made with ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard, and is a staple in many Florida restaurants. They are so GOOD!
- Stone crab: This delicious seafood is only found in Florida and is a popular delicacy throughout the state.
- Swamp cabbage: This unique vegetable is made from the heart of the Sabal palm tree and is a popular ingredient in many dishes.
- Fresh fruit. Oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, lemons, limes and more make the best Florida gifts that you can take home.
Here are some of the best places to take home a reminder of the Sunshine State:
From the Florida Keys
The Keys are a chain of islands located at the southernmost point of Florida. Here are some souvenirs that can be found specifically in this area including Key West, Key Largo, Key Biscayne (near Miami) and all the Keys:
- Conch shells: These large, spiral shells are a popular souvenir from the Keys. This beautiful shell can be found in many gift shops and markets.
- Key Lime products: Key lime is a type of lime that is native to the Florida Keys. Visitors can find a variety of products made with key lime, including key lime pie, key lime candy, and key lime-scented candles.
From South Florida
South Florida is known for its beaches and warm weather. Here are some souvenirs that visitors can find in this area which includes South Beach, Little Havana and Calle Ocho, Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and all of southern Florida on the Atlantic Ocean coast:
- Alligator souvenirs: Alligators are a common sight in South Florida, and visitors can find a variety of souvenirs featuring these reptiles, including alligator heads, alligator teeth, and alligator skin products.
- Cuban coffee: Miami and the surrounding area has a large Cuban population, and visitors can find authentic Cuban coffee in many cafés and markets. My favorite is café con leche or colada. When I moved to North Florida from South Florida, the first thing I did was buy an espresso machine.
- Local artists. Miami and South Florida is truly a melting pot. People come from the world over to this location. You will find many unique things including beautiful art, crafts, and more in this area.
From Kennedy Space Center
The Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral and Florida’s Space Coast is located on the east coast of Florida and is home to NASA’s space program. Definitely one of the top things to do when you’re visiting this side of the state. Here are some souvenirs that visitors can find at this attraction:
- Space-themed clothing: Visitors can find t-shirts, hats, and other clothing items featuring NASA and space-themed designs.
- Space food: Visitors can purchase freeze-dried astronaut food, which comes in a variety of flavors and is a popular souvenir for space enthusiasts. Truly one of the most unique things to take home.
From Theme Parks
Florida is home to many theme parks, water parks and even an out-of-the-way amusement park you might see on a road trip including Disney World and Universal Studios. Here are some souvenirs that visitors can find at these attractions:
- Mickey Mouse ears: Visitors to Disney World, Disney Springs, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort and all the Disney parks in Central Florida can purchase Mickey Mouse ears, which can be personalized with their name or a design of their choice. Many of these products are not available anywhere else but Disney.
- Harry Potter merchandise: Universal Studios is home to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and visitors can find a variety of souvenirs related to this popular franchise, including wands, robes, and Hogwarts-themed candy.
From Southwest Florida
Southwest Florida is known for its beaches and wildlife. This area includes Sanibel Island, Captiva Island and Fort Myers. Here are some souvenirs that visitors can find in this area:
- Seashells: Visitors can find a variety of seashells on the beaches of Southwest Florida, including sand dollars, starfish, and conch shells.
- Manatee souvenirs: Manatees are a common sight in the waters of Southwest Florida, and visitors can find a variety of souvenirs featuring these gentle giants, including t-shirts, stuffed animals, and mugs.
From Gulf Coast of Florida
The Gulf Coast of Florida is known for its white sand beaches and clear waters. Here are some souvenirs that visitors can find in this area:
- Sea glass: Visitors can find sea glass on the beaches of the Gulf Coast, which is glass that has been polished by the waves and sand.
- Tarpon Springs sponges: Tarpon Springs is a town on the Gulf Coast that is known for its natural sea sponges and sponge diving industry. Visitors can find a variety of sponges and sponge-related products in this area.
- Tampa Bay. Still not finding that perfect gift? One of my favorite things to do is to stop by the Visitor Centers. Tampa Bay Visitor Center offers many great things from local artisans.
From St. Augustine, Daytona Beach
St. Augustine and Daytona Beach are both located on the east coast of Florida. Here are some souvenirs that visitors can find in these areas:
- Pirate souvenirs: St. Augustine has a rich history of piracy, and visitors can find a variety of souvenirs related to this theme, including pirate hats, swords, and flags.
- Daytona Beach t-shirts: Visitors to Daytona Beach can purchase t-shirts featuring the iconic Daytona Beach logo or Daytona 500 Speedway log.
From the Florida Panhandle
The Florida Panhandle is located in the northwestern part of the state and is known for its white sand beaches and emerald waters. Here are some souvenirs that visitors can find in this area:
- Seashell wind chimes: Visitors can find wind chimes made of seashells on the beaches of the Florida Panhandle. Tip: Check the surf shops.
- Apalachicola oysters: Apalachicola is a town in the Florida Panhandle that is known for its oysters. Visitors can purchase fresh oysters or oyster-related products in this area.
Whether you visit Florida during the winter or summer months, you will find something for everyone in the whole family to remember their trip. Have fun and enjoy the good times and memories from your Sunshine State vacay.
I like to use Booking for booking not only my hotels, but my tickets and rental cars as well. Makes life so much easier with only having to log into one location for my information.
Be sure to grab my travel tips to save you time and money. You’ll also be entered into the weekly drawings.
Denise Sanger lives a life split between her love for fitness and her passion for travel particularly to the BEACH. Denise also has a love of marketing and lives in beautiful Suwannee County, Florida. You can find out more about Denise here: About Denise