This article may contain affiliate links. Whenever you buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission without any cost to you. I really appreciate it as it supports this site and my family. Thank you!
If you’ve been with me any length of time, you may wonder if I go to any other beach besides Panama City Beach. The answer is a great big YES. Destin Florida was actually my first visit to the beautiful Florida Panhandle.
Gorgeous Destin Florida is the reason I launched my travel blog. My first glimpse of the white sand beaches contrasted against the turquoise waters of the Gulf and I was in instantly in love. What started as a mini getaway with my daughters and their friends turned into a passion for me.
Having never been to this area, I took a stab in the dark and we rented a condo through VRBO for a fantastic price. The beautiful two bedroom, two bath condo with a balcony overlooking the beach blew me out of the water. The condo faced the ocean on one side and overlooked a golf course on the other side. Stunning views no matter which way we looked.
Even though we only stayed for four days and three nights, I’ve been back many times because there is so much to do in Destin. These are my top picks of fun things to do and see:
Thank you for reading this post. Don't forget to subscribe! This way you never miss an update, travel deals, discounts and more!! Subscribe to the right------>
- Beach. Oh my gosh the beach! Talk about stunning. Your first glimpse of white sugary sand against the blue and greens of the ocean will have you instantly falling in love as I did. The condo we stayed at had chairs and an umbrella but if you don’t have any, you can usually find lounge chairs to rent for the day, weekend or however long you’ll be visiting.
- Golf. If you’re a golfer, you’ll be quite happy to see the beautiful golf courses located in this area of the panhandle. Public courses to choose from but many community golf courses like the one at the condo I stayed at are also open to the public.
- Shopping. Amazing. We had one rainy day during our mini vacay and ventured over to the outlet mall. Every store you could want to window shop at is located at Silver Sands Premium Outlets
- Dolphin watching. We’ve been lucky in that every time we’re on the Gulf we see dolphins. But if you really want to see them up close and personal, I recommend taking a Dolphin Watching Cruise. Doesn’t matter how young or old you are, dolphins never cease to put a smile on your face.
- Love to fish? Then you’ll want to schedule a deep sea fishing excursion while in Destin. Redfish, snapper, flounder, snook and more. Don’t want to go out on a boat? No worries! You can fish right from the shoreline.
- Nature. All of Florida’s state parks are amazing and those on the panhandle are no exception. Henderson Beach State Park is my favorite. From hiking to paddling to snorkeling, you can do it in this state park. Also be sure to stop at Fudpucker’s Gator Beach for some alligator viewing. This is the largest alligator park on this part of the Gulf and even better? It’s free to check out which makes it family friendly as well. There is a restaurant/bar on site.
After visiting beautiful Destin, Florida, you’ll see why I return year after year to this beautiful part of the state.
I like to use Booking for booking not only my hotels, but my tickets and rental cars as well. Makes life so much easier with only having to log into one location for my information.
Be sure to grab my travel tips to save you time and money. You’ll also be entered into the weekly drawings.
Denise Sanger lives a life split between her love for fitness and her passion for travel particularly to the BEACH. Denise also has a love of marketing and lives in beautiful Suwannee County, Florida. You can find out more about Denise here: About Denise