This article may contain affiliate links. Whenver you buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission without any cost to you. Thank you!
18 Best Things To Do In Crescent Beach, Florida
If you’re looking for a beautiful beach to relax on while in Florida, look no further than Crescent Beach.
What is Crescent Beach known for?
Crescent Beach is known for being a beautiful, family-friendly beach. It’s also known for being a great place to catch some waves.
The surf here is definitely worth checking out. Also, Crescent Beach near the Intracoastal Waterway is one of the best places to watch dolphins play.
How can I get to Crescent Beach?
Crescent Beach is located on Florida’s Atlantic Coast in St. Johns County. Just south of Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra and St. Augustine Beach (some spell it Saint Augustine) but north of Daytona Beach on the Atlantic Ocean side of the state.
To get there, simply take Highway A1A south from Jacksonville until you reach the Crescent Beach area. Be sure to grab my list of top things to do in St. Augustine here: Top 5 things to do in a weekend in St. Augustine
Is Crescent Beach a nice beach?
Crescent Beach is a beautiful stretch of sand on Florida’s Atlantic Coast. With its gentle waves and pristine shoreline, it’s no wonder this beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and simply taking in the stunning view.
Nearby are also beautiful Butler Beach and Vilano Beach to further explore. There are numerous beach access points for Crescent Beach along A1A.
Here are some of the best things to do in Crescent Beach, Florida:
1. Go shelling – Crescent Beach is a great place to go shelling thanks to its many shells that wash up on shore. Be sure to bring a bucket or bag to collect your treasures in!
2. Take a stroll – Crescent Beach is the perfect place to take a leisurely stroll along the shore. The views are simply breathtaking. Watch for the marked off sea turtle nests, so you won’t disturb them.
3. Have a picnic – Spread out a blanket and enjoy a picnic lunch on the beach. Don’t forget to pack some snacks and drinks to keep you fueled throughout the day!
4. Go swimming – Of course, one of the best things to do at any beach is to go for a swim! The water at Crescent Beach is perfect for cooling off on a hot day. Just be sure to stay within sight of the shore, watch for rip tides and use caution when swimming in the waves. And never swim alone.
5. Build a sandcastle – This is a classic beach activity that’s fun for people of all ages. Get creative with your design and see how tall you can make your sandcastle!
6. Go fishing – Crescent Beach is a great spot for fishing thanks to its many beach access points that line the shore. Also, the nearby Matanzas River is fantastic for fishing. You can even rent a fishing rod if you don’t have your own.
7. Play volleyball – Volleyball is a popular beach activity and there’s no better place to play than Crescent Beach. There are usually plenty of people around looking for a game, so it’s easy to find someone to play with.
8. Watch the sunrise – Crescent Beach is the perfect place to watch the sun come up. Grab a seat on the sand and enjoy the beautiful view as the sky turns orange and pink as the new day dawns.
9. Go kayaking. There are several great kayak rental places you can rent kayaks or paddle boards.
After spending a day on the beach, you may be ready for some exploring and to see what else you can do on your vacation.
Top 15 things to do when visiting Crescent Beach:
1. Visit the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum – The St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum is a must-see for anyone visiting the Crescent Beach area. This historic lighthouse offers stunning views of the beach and the surrounding area. You can also learn about the history of the lighthouse and see artifacts that date back to its construction in 1824.
2. Take a boat tour – There are several companies that offer boat tours in Crescent Beach. This is a great way to see the area from a different perspective and get up close to some local wildlife.
3. Shop at the St. Augustine Outlet Mall – The St. Augustine Outlet Mall is located just a short drive from Crescent Beach. This outdoor mall features over 100 stores, making it the perfect place to find souvenirs for your friends and family back home.
4. Visit the Castillo de San Marcos – The Castillo de San Marcos is a Spanish fort that was built in the 1600s and only one of the historic sites you will want to visit. It’s one of the oldest structures in the United States, and it’s just a short drive from Crescent Beach.
5. Sample the local cuisine – There are several great restaurants in Crescent Beach, so be sure to sample some local cuisines during your visit. You’ll find everything from seafood to burgers to pizza to ice cream, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
6. Go on a dolphin cruise – One of the best ways to see dolphins in their natural habitat is to go on a dolphin cruise. These cruises depart from Crescent Beach and take you out into the open water where you’re sure to see dolphins swimming and playing.
7. Take a surf lesson – Crescent Beach is a great place to learn how to surf. There are several companies that offer lessons for both beginners and experienced surfers.
8. Go kayaking – Kayaking is a great way to explore the waterways around Crescent Beach. There are several rental companies that can provide you with everything you need for a day on the water.
9. Visit Fort Matanzas – Fort Matanzas is a Spanish fort that was built in the 1700s to protect the city of St. Augustine from attacks by sea. It’s located just a short drive from Crescent Beach, and it’s a great place to learn about the history of the area.
10. Tour the World Golf Hall of Fame – The World Golf Hall of Fame is located in nearby St. Augustine. This museum is dedicated to the history and evolution of golf. It’s a great place to visit whether you’re a fan of the sport or not.
11. Explore Anastasia State Park – Anastasia State Park is located just across the bridge from Crescent Beach. This park features miles of hiking trails, a beach, an amphitheater, and much more. It’s the perfect place to spend a day if you’re looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
12. Visit the
– The St. Augustine Alligator Farm is one of the most popular attractions in the area. This farm is home to over 2,000 alligators, making it the perfect place to see these amazing creatures up close.
13. Visit Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium – The Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium is a great place to visit for families and kids of all ages. This museum features over 500 exhibits that are sure to amaze and entertain.
14. Check out the Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse – The Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse is located in nearby St. Augustine. This historic schoolhouse was built in 1716, and it’s the oldest surviving wooden schoolhouse in the United States.
15. Explore the Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park – The Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park is one of the most popular tourist destinations in St. Augustine. This park is home to a number of historical artifacts, as well as the famous Fountain of Youth.
16. Take a ghost tour – Ghost tours are a popular activity in St. Augustine. These tours take you to some of the most haunted locations in the city, and you may even see a ghost or two!
17. Visit the Lightner Museum – The Lightner Museum is located in nearby St. Augustine. This museum is housed in a former hotel, and it features a collection of art, furniture, and other objects from the Victorian era.
18. Attend a concert at the Amphitheater – The Amphitheater is a popular concert venue in St. Augustine. This outdoor venue hosts a variety of concerts and events throughout the year, so be sure to check the schedule before you visit.
19. Washington Oaks State Park – Washington Oaks State Park is located just south of Crescent Beach. This state park features beautiful gardens, a sandy beach on the Matanzas River, and hiking trails through an oak forest.
Where to stay on your Crescent Beach Florida Vacation
Whether you’re looking to relax or explore, Crescent Beach has something for everyone. For Crescent Beach accommodations, check VRBO. My favorite thing to do is rent a beach house and I have found some amazing deals on VRBO for vacation rentals.
Prefer a hotel? Check Tripadvisor for the latest hotels deals in the area: Crescent Beach hotels
Another option is to contact a local real estate agent if you plan to extend your vacation. They can point you in the direction of an apartment rental or house rentals.
Restaurants near Crescent Beach Florida
We enjoyed lunch at the Funky Pelican at the pier located in Flagler Beach. There were several other great options for dining and ice cream too near the pier!
A few great places to eat in the Crescent Beach area including St. Augustine:
1. The Floridian Restaurant – The Floridian Restaurant is a local favorite, known for its fresh seafood and Southern cooking.
2. Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille – Harry’s is another great option for seafood lovers, with an extensive menu that includes everything from oysters to shrimp.
3. The Tides Oyster Bar & Grill – The Tides is a casual oyster bar that’s perfect for happy hour or a light meal.
4. A1A Ale Works – A1A Ale Works is a popular craft beer brewery with a restaurant attached. They offer a variety of burgers, sandwiches, and salads, as well as their own brewed beers.
5. Casa Maya Mexican Grill – Casa Maya is a casual Mexican restaurant that serves up all of your favorite dishes, from tacos to enchiladas.
You can also check Tripadvisor here for updated reviews of recent visits: Restaurants Near Crescent Beach.
No matter what you’re in the mood for, you’ll find it in Crescent Beach Florida. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
I like to use TripAdvisor for booking not only my hotels, but my tickets and rental cars as well. Makes life so much easier with only having to log into one location for my information.
Be sure to grab my travel tips to save you time and money. You’ll also be entered into the weekly drawings.
Denise Sanger lives a life split between her love for fitness and her passion for travel particularly to the BEACH. Denise also has a love of marketing and lives in beautiful Suwannee County, Florida. You can find out more about Denise here: About Denise