10 Best Places To Travel in February
This article may contain affiliate links. Whenever you buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission without any cost to you. I really appreciate it as it supports this site and my family. Thank you!
February! The perfect month for a vacation. Well if you ask my opinion, EVERY month is the perfect month for a vacation. Here is a list of the best places to travel in February:
- Love snow? Go west my friend. The first few on my list are in the western part of the USA beginning with Salt Lake City, Utah. In addition to some pretty amazing skiing, there is much to do and see in this beautiful city. If you love the outdoors, give snow shoeing a try. Prefer to stay inside? No worries, there are wonderful museums, shopping and restaurants to visit.
- Lake Tahoe. Not just for summer vacations, Lake Tahoe is a fantastic place to visit in February. In addition to some of the most beautiful resorts, give dog sledding, ice skating, and enjoy snowmobiling in the beautiful scenery that makes up this town. After spending your day outdoors, take advantage of the amazing spas and lodges to warm up. Also be sure to stop at the Olympic Museum located in Palisades and look at the various Olympic memorabilia.
- Big Sky Montana. This is the last pick for vacations out west. If you love to ski, you will love Big Sky Montana. 5800 acres to ski on plus 85 trails for skiing, hiking, and sightseeing.
- New Orleans, LA. I absolutely love New Orleans. Temps are perfect for sightseeing. If you time it right, you can party at Mardi Gras and catch some beads! Check locally for parades to watch also.
- Atlanta, GA. This is one busy town no matter what time of year you visit. I love going to Atlanta during the winter as they offer many beer, wine and food festivals such as oysters and chocolate Dip & Sip. All so much fun.
- Gulf Shores, AL. It may not be summer hot, but the weather is perfect for spending your days outside. Kayaking, fishing, hiking are all fantastic at this time of year. Crowds are less than during the hot summer months.
- Honolulu, Hawaii. Of course Honolulu and the Hawaiian islands are perfect pretty much every day of the year, but this beautiful city is one of the few that remains warm during the month of February. Average daily temps in the 80s. Although the water is cooler at this time of year, you can still swim in it which definitely puts it on the list of best places to travel in February. Check for Honolulu vacation packages before booking.
- Orlando, Florida. Beyond Disney, Universal, Sea World and the other parks, a vacation in Orlando leaves you perfectly placed for jaunts to the east or west coast of Florida. Blue Spring State Park is a must-visit to see the manatees. On the other side of Tampa, you’ll find beautiful white sand beaches. Always plenty to do in Orlando.
- Siesta Key, Florida. Always at the top of the most beautiful beaches in the USA. This gem is located on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Temps are generally in the 70s and very comfortable. Great getaway when you’ve had enough of winter and snow.
- Key Largo, Florida. This is another one of my favorite Florida cities and part of the Florida Keys. Key Largo is at the top of the chain and a short drive from Miami. Food, bars, restaurants and John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park will keep you busy during your stay.
There you have it. The best Places To Travel in February. Pick a destination and go! You’ll never regret traveling no matter what time of the year it is.
I like to use TripAdvisor for booking not only my hotels, but my tickets and rental cars as well. Makes life so much easier with only having to log into one location for my information.
Be sure to grab my travel tips to save you time and money. You’ll also be entered into the weekly drawings.
Register here: Get 100 Travel Tips EVERY traveler should know PLUS entered into the weekly drawing.
Denise Sanger lives a life split between her love for fitness and her passion for travel particularly to the BEACH. Denise also has a love of marketing and lives in beautiful Suwannee County, Florida. You can find out more about Denise here: About Denise