Thank you for reading this post. Don't forget to subscribe! This way you never miss an update, travel deals, discounts and more!! Subscribe to the right------>
A Slice of Sunshine: The History of Sour Orange Pie and Sour Orange Trees in Florida
Birth of Sour Orange Pie
Sour Orange Pie Recipe
Sour orange Pie Ingredients
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
For the Filling:
- 1 cup sour orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated sour orange zest
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
Sour orange Pie Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar for the crust. Press the mixture into a pie dish.
- In another bowl, whisk together sour orange juice, sour orange zest, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks until well combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the edges are set, but the center is slightly jiggly.
- Allow the pie to cool to room temperature before refrigerating for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled and enjoy a slice of Florida sunshine!
Below are other recipes and information unique to Florida you may Also find interesting:
Disclosure: I earn a commission if you make a purchase through my links at no additional cost to you! I would never recommend anything I don’t personally use, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!
I like to use Booking for booking not only my hotels, but my tickets and rental cars as well. Makes life so much easier with only having to log into one location for my information.
Be sure to grab my travel tips to save you time and money. You’ll also be entered into the weekly drawings.
Denise Sanger lives a life split between her love for fitness and her passion for travel particularly to the BEACH. Denise also has a love of marketing and lives in beautiful Suwannee County, Florida. You can find out more about Denise here: About Denise