This article may contain affiliate links. Whenever you buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission without any cost to you. I really appreciate it as it supports this site and my family. Thank you!
Tips To Jump Start Your Weight Loss
Ready to lose weight? These tips will help you jump start your weight loss. On your mark. Get set. Go! Let’s do it!
- Portion control. Do you know the correct portion sizes? For example, the correct size for protein is approximately the size of your palm. Protein includes beef, chicken, pork, and fish. Check the portion size for all the foods you put on your plate. Eating the correct portion sizes will go a long way to helping you lose weight.
- Carry healthy snacks with you. We are all very busy most days and it is easy to just grab a bag of chips and a soda if you are not prepared. Keep almonds, raisins or trail mix in your purse or car and grab water – easy yet healthy snacks to keep the hunger at bay.
- Watch how many carbs you are eating. It’s a fact – at least for me – when I overeat carbs, my belly bulges. No and’s, if’s or but’s about.
- This tip may seem almost too simple. After each meal brush and floss your teeth. Do you know why? You will be less likely to eat until the next meal time.
- Take a picture of yourself when you start your fitness journey. Anytime you feel like the day is rough, take a look at where you started and how far you have come.
- Don’t drink your calories. Meaning eat healthy FOOD. Don’t consume your calories as sweet tea, sodas or alcohol.
- Wear clothes just a wee bit tighter than you would like. It will keep you motivated to stay on track throughout the day.
- Add cucumbers, lemons or lime to your water to add some color and flavor.
At each meal, put your portions onto your plate then put the leftovers immediately into storage containers. You will be less like to go back for seconds.
If you need a little help, the program I follow
Every day, change one bad habit to a good habit and before you know it, you’ll be on track for losing and keeping the weight off.
Thank you for reading this post. Don't forget to subscribe! This way you never miss an update, travel deals, discounts and more!! Subscribe to the right------>
I like to use Booking for booking not only my hotels, but my tickets and rental cars as well. Makes life so much easier with only having to log into one location for my information.
Be sure to grab my travel tips to save you time and money. You’ll also be entered into the weekly drawings.
Denise Sanger lives a life split between her love for fitness and her passion for travel particularly to the BEACH. Denise also has a love of marketing and lives in beautiful Suwannee County, Florida. You can find out more about Denise here: About Denise