We may earn a small commission or products from the companies that may be mentioned in this post.
YUM! I absolutely love tacos and this recipe for chicken tacos is not only healthy – it’s easy too. Plus it fits the 21 Day Fix program. Simply throw the chicken ingredients into your crock pot in the morning, and come home to a healthy, flavorful meal that will serve 8. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 3 bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped – I use mild myself 🙂
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16oz) jar green salsa
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Large lettuce leaves
- Avocado, sliced
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the lettuce leaves and avocado, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken thighs, shred with a fork, and mix back in. Serve, using a slotted spoon, on the lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of fajita seasoning.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 202 calories, 6g fat, 589mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 20g protein.